Make a Game Plan to Ease Social Pressures
- Don’t overcommit to gatherings
- Use your energy levels to guide your decisions
- Set time boundaries for events to support meaningful interaction
- Give yourself permission to embrace JOMO – the joy of missing out!
- Pause before reacting — people show stress in different ways
- Give people time and set an intention to listen this season
Reflect Upon and Honor Your Learnings from 2022
- Make time to celebrate navigating another unusual year
- Ask yourself: How many changes have you had to make this year?
- What’s one challenge you feel good about overcoming?
- Try writing down your answers or sharing with a friend
Work Through Emotions
- Be proactive and be creative!
- Find your preferred outlet
- Some suggestions:
- Exercising and physical movement
- Writing and drawing
- Singing and playing music
Wrap Yourself Up in Nostalgia
- Many of us find security in holiday traditions and rituals
- Lean into your favourite tradition — whether it’s watching movies, baking cookies, or sitting by the fireplace with a good book
- Take time out from tech and step into the snow and sunshine
- Fresh air and exercise are proven to combat fatigue and give our minds a new take on situations
By Melissa Gray, M.Sc., Registered Psychologist